Currently, the Redbrick Group includes but is not limited to, Redbrick Mortgage Pte Ltd, RBMA Pte Ltd, and RB Digital Media Pte Ltd.
“Personal Data” is any information which can be used to identify You or from which You are identifiable by us. This includes but is not limited to Your name, nationality, telephone number, bank and credit card details, personal interests, email address, Your image, government-issued identification numbers, biometric data, security camera images, event photo and videography, phone conversations, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, vehicle and insurance information.
We are committed to ensuring the protection of Your Personal Data. The way we collect, process, use or disclose Your Personal Data shall, at all times, be in accordance with and subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“the Act”).
Types of Personal Data We collect
The Personal Data we collect depends on the products and Services we offer You, or which You use or apply for, or which You express an interest to use or apply for. We may also be required to collect Personal Data about other people with whom You have a relationship or association with such as a co-borrower, or Your spouse, partner or children. Usually, the Personal Data that we collect, use and retain include Your name, contact details (address, phone and fax number, and email address), date of birth, gender and payment details. We may also collect information that is specific to a particular product or Service.
Why We collect Your Personal Data
We collect Your Personal Data to provide, offer and administer our various products and Services, or otherwise as permitted by law. Such purposes include responding to Your enquiries, providing You with assistance You request of us, maintaining and administering our products and Services (for example processing requests for information, undertaking pre-qualifications and preliminary credit assessments, applications for a home loan, collection of supporting materials, communicating approvals and other directions from the lender), processing Your survey or questionnaire responses, market research and the collection of general statistical information using common internet technologies such as cookies, providing You with marketing information regarding other products and Services (of ours or a third party) which we reasonably consider appropriate in light of Your Personal Data that You disclose to us, quality assurance and training purposes; performing administrative operations (including accounting and risk management) and any other purpose that we expressly inform You at the time of collecting Your Personal Data.
If You do not consent to us collecting, using or disclosing all or some of the Personal Data that we request, we may not be able to fulfill any one or more of the purposes mentioned in the paragraph above and, in particular, we may not be able to provide You with our products or Services such as processing Your application for a home loan. It may also prevent us from providing You with information regarding some of our products or Services or those of any third party.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect Your Personal Data from You in various ways and at several different points, including via telephone (including any form of mobile phone text messaging), our Websites, hard copy forms or email.
Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so, we collect Your Personal Data directly from You. There may, however, be occasions where we collect Your Personal Data from someone else such as Your family member or anyone whom You have authorized to deal with and correspond with us on Your behalf or whom You have consented to disclose Your Personal Data to us.
Subject to the Act, we may also collect and use Your Personal Data, from a source other than You including any source that is publicly available such as social media and other virtual communities and networks where people create, share or exchange information. Such other sources can also include:
- Our authorised representatives whom You have corresponded with;
- Our distributors or referrers, agents, business partners and affiliates, or related companies;
- Our service providers;
- Third parties for the purposes of assessing Your application for a home loan or other services including credit reporting bodies, identity verification providers, and criminal history and insolvency checking authorities;
- Our legal or other advisers;
- Joint-applicants or others who are authorised or noted on the home loan application as having a legal interest in it;
- Clubs, associations, member loyalty or rewards program providers and other relevant organisations; and
- Data partners, analytic consultants and other similar organisations.
From time to time we may request Personal Data from You through competitions or surveys. Participation in these competitions or surveys is completely voluntary and You, therefore, have the choice of whether or not You disclose the Personal Data that we request. In addition to the purposes mentioned above, we may use Personal Data we collect through competitions to determine prize winners, award prizes and notify winners. We may also use Personal Data that we collect through surveys or questionnaires to assess Your satisfaction with our products and Services and to determine how we may be able to better service Your needs.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
Unless it is impracticable, You have the option of interacting with us anonymously or by the use of a pseudonym. For example, You may visit and browse our Websites and use some of our online facilities without having to reveal any Personal Data.
Cookies and Our collection of information through Our website
We may use a cookie that collects anonymous traffic data. A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server which is then stored by the browser in a text file. Each time the browser requests a page from the server this message is sent back which enables the user’s computer address (IP address) to be identified.
We may use the information provided by cookies and IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, or for research and marketing purposes to help us improve our product and service offerings. You can set Your browser to notify You before You receive a cookie so You have the chance to accept it and can set Your browser to turn off cookies. No information which personally identifies You will be collected as part of these cookies.
We may use Your Personal Data to provide You with information about the products and Services that we or our distributors, referrers, agents, business partners, affiliates and any proposed new or incoming insurer may offer. To do so, we may combine or link Personal Data that we already retain about You to other Personal Data that we collect about You. We may also engage third party marketing services providers who may combine the Personal Data, which we disclose to them, with information they already hold about You in order to provide You with more relevant information about our or their products and services. If You do not wish to receive any of this information, You can at any time let us know by contacting us.
Collecting, Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data from and/or share Your Personal Data within members of Redbrick, and other third parties who provide services, including marketing services, to us or on our behalf. Where we disclose any such Personal Data to other third parties, such third parties are prohibited from using Your Personal Data for purposes other than those for which it is supplied by us to them.
We may collect Your Personal Data from, and/or share Your Personal Data with, other third parties under the following circumstances:
- As provided in any collection notice we give You;
- Where You have provided Your consent (which may be given expressly or may be deemed given in accordance with the Act);
- For purposes related to research (including market research), training, planning, service development, security, testing and risk management;
- Where a product or service You apply for is provided or supplied by or through a third party;
- Where a third party, such as a mailing house, carries out activities on our behalf;
- If disclosure is otherwise required in order to provide You with a particular product or service;
- In order to ensure our ability to continue providing products and Services;
- If disclosure is required for the purposes of conducting business analysis in order to improve our products and our Services;
- If disclosure is required by law or requested by any statutory or regulatory authority or law enforcement agency;
- Where a third party has an interest in the product or service we supply, for example a mortgagee, insurer, referral agent, third party beneficiary, distributor, insurance intermediary, business partner, or affiliate;
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers, contracted advisors and service providers;
- Where a third party acquires, or considers acquiring, an interest in us;
- Where we are authorised, required or permitted by law to use or disclose information; and
- Where it is necessary for a third party to assist us in providing our Services, for example, credit reporting bodies, identity verification providers, criminal history and insolvency checking authorities, and others involved in the providing of services relating to Your application for a home loan.
We shall not transfer Your Personal Data overseas except in accordance with the Act to ensure that Your Personal Data receives protection that is comparable to protection under the Act.
At all times, third parties to whom Your Personal Data is disclosed by us shall also be required by us to keep Your Personal Data confidential.
Quality and Security of Your Personal Data
We shall make a reasonable effort to ensure that Your Personal Data, which we collect, is accurate and complete. We also rely on You to keep Your Personal Data with us updated.
During the course of Your relationship with us, we will also ask You to inform us of any changes to Your personal data. You should, and can, contact us, at any time, to update Your personal data or advise us that Your Personal Data that we retain is not, or no longer, accurate or complete.
We are committed to keeping Your personal data secure and will use reasonable efforts to protect it from loss, misuse, interference and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to and correction of Your Personal Data
You may generally access the Personal Data that we hold about You and, upon paying a reasonable administrative fee, request corrections. We may refuse access where:
- Your request may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- Your request is frivolous or vexatious (as reasonably determined by us);
- Your request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- Your request would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations.
- Your request would reveal evaluative information in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
If we refuse You access, or to give access in the manner requested by You, we will let You know.
In all cases You will be asked to verify who You are before your personal data is provided. All requests for personal data will be handled in a reasonable period of time.
How To Contact Us About Privacy
If You are not satisfied with our response to Your enquiry or complaint You can contact the DPO and request that it be reviewed by a senior staff member who will reasonably endeavour to resolve Your dispute within 45 days. If You are still not satisfied, You may then wish to seek independent legal advice.
o will endeavour to resolve your dispute within 45 days. If you are still not satisfied we will tell you about any external dispute resolution avenues which may be available to you.